Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Journey


Today's card was another personal challenge between me and my friend.  Can you guess the theme?  I'm always in need of a masculine card and I never seem to have any on hand.  Well I'm getting ahead of the game and went ahead and made up several of these.  Now I know this isn't exactly black and white for this month's theme but close enough.

The stamp set I used for this is by Tim Holtz called the Journey.  This is the first time I'm using this set and it has some great images.  Since the theme was masculine I tried to really keep it clean which is hard for me to do.  I kept true to myself and did several layers but at the same time not going overboard.  So the base is SU black layered with crumb cake and do you know how badly I wanted to emboss that layer but I restrained myself from going near the cuttlebug.  The 2 dp panels are DCWV Le Creme stack.  I loved the sentiment that came in this Tim Holtz set and wanted to showcase it along with the truck image.  I originally stamped it on white paper but it just stood out too much so that's when I went with the kraft panel.  I think the photo corner punch added a nice masculine touch.  Thanks for looking and thanks for sticking with me this month on my black and white journey.  I hope you enjoyed it.

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This is just absolutely stunning - great man card! The paper is a visual stunner and a great choice for this card!

jimlynn said...

Hey Carrie....I DO like that photo corner punch on this! Lovely image AND card! Great for any guy!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- I am seeing some familiar papers that look perfect with this great image.....Beautifully done- the touch of the corner punch is great too.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is just perfect for Father's Day!! Love the colors you chose too!

Kathy said...

Perfect manly card. I love how you've showcased that fab sentiment along with the image.

Marilyn said...

I love your card Carrie! I have this set and never really knew what to do with it but you've done it up proud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails