Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Rose Especially for You


I want to give my friend Sarah the credit for the inspiration behind this card.  If it wasn't for her coming up with the idea to do personal challenges and then sending a card using this awesome sketch I don't think this card ever would have been created.  So thanks Sarah for the wonderful inspiration.

The start of this card all came from a layout on a birthday card and the second inspiration was for the flower challenge from Sarah.  I started with the black layer that I embossed with the finial press folder then I chose this gorgeous flocked paper from DCWV Le Creme stack.  It was so hard to cut this paper up.  One of the first sets I got from SU was Flower Garden so it was nice breaking it out again and inking it up.  I colored the rose with markers and when I put the panel on the card the white background was too stark against the aged dp.  So I used some Ranger ink Antique Linen and rubbed it on with a cotton ball. 

Have you noticed I kind of have a black and white theme going this month, maybe I'll just carry it through.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.  I hope you're being spoiled today.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Love black and white, especially with your pop of red, just gorgeous. I laughed at your comment about hard cutting the paper, same always goes for me! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Carrie!

Sarah said...

Oh this is just beautiful! I bet it was hard to cut that paper. I'm very proud of you! :-)I must be honest. I've been a slacker & fallen behind on our challenges. :-( Sorry!

jimlynn said...

I love it Carrie.....and I do love the black and white theme too.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such an elegant card- I love the Patterned papers and the flower is gorgeous!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What a gorgeous card!

Paige said...

Stunning card Carrie! So very elegant. Loved the aging on the image, perfect detail!

Alissa said...

Holy cow Carrie, this is so NICE!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is beautiful! I love the rose and the texture in the background paper, so pretty!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love, love, love the black, red and white together! Reminds of that old riddle...what is black and white and "read" all over? LOL

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Carrie! Love the red rose! Stunning with the black and white! I know what you mean about cutting certain papers as I have the same problem. Love the results with these papers!
Glenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails