Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sew Sweet



One of the reasons I wanted the cricut cart Wall Decor and More was for these 2 cuts here.  Did I know what I was going to do with them ... NO ... but I knew I wanted to create something with them and when cleaning up my stamp space I ran across this tag sentiment that I completely forgot I had and so the light bulb went off and I knew how I would use it with these 2 cuts.

I used the SCS sketch sc324 which can be found in the Splitcoast forums under challenges and card sketches in case you've never checked it out.  I started with the bg paper. I chose this stripe paper because of the faux stitching on it.  I then added my white panel layered with black and real red.  I had decided all along that the red was going to be my POP of color.  which is why I tried to use a little of it on every element.  The form and scissors were cut at 3 in.  To get the red handles on the scissors I just cut it out twice and snipped it off where I needed it.  With the scissors just hanging up in the top corner I needed something to anchor the whole thing together then I thought of the show Project Runway and that's where I got the idea of adding the ribbon.

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget my next post will be on Sunday, hope you can come back.

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Perfect card!!! So very cute with those scissors and the ribbon. As I said - just perfect.
Lynn

Sarah said...

You are so creative! Love it!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love it Carrie! That dress form would be so cool in vinyl on a wall!

Paige said...

very creative! I love the dimension and textures!

Alissa said...

You have seriously outdone yourself on this one Carrie. This is absolutely stunning. Those colors are amazing together. You are so amazingly talented I can't stand it sometimes!

Renee said...

Carrie this is so cool! Love the colors and the scissors and the texture…..awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails