Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Strawberries



Today's card was for another personal challenge with my friend and the theme is Summer.  What's more summer than strawberries... Strawberry pie, strawberry ice cream, strawberry shortcake ... mmmm.
So here's how the card was done.  Red cardstock was embossed with cuttlebugs polka dot folder.  The gingham paper is old DCWV I've had since I first started card making.  I layered it on some white and then punched the edge with SU scalloped trim punch.  The basket is from Verve Chicks Rule set.  I stamped it on some white and colored it with SU markers.  The strawberries are from SU tart and tangy.  Stamped on red with Real Red ink then I added the white seeds with a marker.  I stamped the strawberry again and cut out the top in wasabi.  I applied a couple with pop dots and there you go.  Oh and the sentiment is verve from the delightful and delicious sets.  I love mixing my sets. 

Hope you enjoyed today's card and enjoy some fresh sweet strawberries.

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh, YUM, YUM, YUM!!! Looks very tasty! Cute, cute card Carrie. Love all that red and white.
Lynn

Karli said...

Absolutely yummy :) I love that SU set & haven't played with it in ages- you've inspired me to ink it up! Hugs~

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is SO pretty!!! Beautifully done! Those strawberries look almost good enough to eat! :)

Alissa said...

This is the perfect summer card. You can't help but think of summer when you see this card. It's so cute!

Paige said...

This is the cutest card! So sweet!

rockwelldesigns said...

Terrific summer card! Love how dimensional the strawberries look.

JazzyH said...

Great summer card!

Glenda said...

Very pretty summer card! Love the strawberries, embossing, and red gingham paper!
Glenda

Kathy said...

This is so summery and pretty. Love the gingham paper with it, looks like a picnic party!

Renee said...

Gosh, another super cute card! Love the strawberries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails