Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hope


This is such a lovely sentiment from Verve.  I saw a card made that paired this sentiment and the bird image together and thought it was beautiful together.  However my card ... I'm unsure how I feel about it.  I look at it and like it then I look again and think "eh".  So its a love/hate relationship right now. The colors were chosen from the dp.  I pulled the colores from the swirl up the side and used black, bermuda bay and just a touch of celery.  The branch at the top is SU Watercolor trio stamped and cut out and then I added some bermuda bay flowers to it.  Not exactly sure I'm loving it.  I do however like this color combo and will have to add it to my memory file to use again.

Thanks for looking.  Have a great day and I always appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

Mary G. said...

Oh, Carrie, this is beautiful! I LOVE the color combination, and the image and sentiment are fabulous! Love the flourishes in the DP paired with the swirls embossing folder!! I think you outdid yourself with this one!

Karli said...

I think it's a beautiful card Carrie - definitely a winner! Hugs~

Jingle said...

This is gorgeous!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love the colors! Why an 'eh?! In fact, I think I might have that paper in my stash!

Paige said...

Trust me, your card is gorgeous! but I do the same thing as you with my cards, one moment I'm pleased with them and the next look I'm not so thrilled. but you definitely nailed this one!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! What a pretty teal and the bird is beautiful! Hugs, Karen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- the colors are wonderful! The sentiment is awesome. I would have to give it all thumbs up!

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty Carrie... the colours are wonderful together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails