Sunday, July 31, 2011

You Quack Me Up


So I'm on the fence about this card.  While I think the duck is the cutest I'm not sure about the rest.  I'll try to explain what I was going for.  The bg paper was chosen to represent the water, along with the foilage you would see growing around a pond without being literal.  I added the 2 scallop borders to try to represent the flow of water and the orange panel was to add a sense of warmth around all the cool blue.  Sometimes I look at it and think yep it turned out ok and then other times its missing something.  Maybe if I dig in my stash I can find a little bobble or something to add as an embellishment somewhere.  What do you think? 

Thanks for stopping.  Hope you're having a great summer.  See you next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is adorable & I LOVE that duck!! That dp is awesome. What stack is it from?

Sarah

Jillwag said...

I have always loved that saying, "You quack me up"! That is a cute duck! I always love the saying with a cracked egg. I think SU had that a few years ago. Still think it's cute along with your card!

Kelly said...

I think it is adorable as is! That duck is so cute!!

jimlynn said...

Well, I LOVE it Carrie. The background paper, design and image are all just perfect!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

The duck is so sweet- I love all of your design elements- especially the green swirls and the orange accent.

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Carrie , definately worked for me .
Love the papers and the colour combination .
hugs Shirley-Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails