Monday, August 1, 2011

Ode to the Mouse


Well this is my Ode to Mickey Mouse.  I love Mickey, have since I was a kid.  The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was a must see in my house growing up.  M-I-C see ya real soon K-E-Y Why because we love you M-O-U-S-E.   And to top it all off we just got back from a 2 week trip to Disney and it was our son's first visit to the Kingdom.  If I ever find time to scrapbook the pics I'll try to put some on here. 

So back to the card.  This would be a perfect card for a kids birthday or if you wanted to surprise someone with their own trip to visit the Mouse.  I layered some real red over the white base and added a piece of striped DCWV paper.  I layered the polk dot panel and the striped panel with some Daffodil Delight by SU to bring in the color from Mickey's shoes.  The Mickey stamp I got from JoAnn's a year ago in anticipation of our Disney trip.  I colored Mickey with markers and stamped the sentiment from the same set.  The 2 buttons are to represent the buttons on Mickey's pants.  I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Summer will be over before you know it.  Enjoy your week

6 comments:

June K. said...

Very cute, Carrie. Gotta love Mickey.

scrappinlil said...

I love mickey too and you did a fabulous job. TFS and enjoy your summer.

jimlynn said...

So cute, Carrie......and Mickey is just my all time favorite.
Lynn

Gloria Cardoza said...

Carrie, I'm visiting from SCS. i love your blog. I liked all your cards. You have motivated me to find a Mickey stamp as I like him (and Minnie) too.

Laura said...

Hey Carrie, just want to stop by and say hi. I went through your blog and found alot of inspiration. TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I am so excited- my nephew that is 4 is going thru chemo- and when he is done he is going to Disney via Make a Wish! I will have to keep an eye on your postings for inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails