Sunday, August 21, 2011

Something Different


I thought I'd share something besides a card with you today.  This was a project I did years ago.  Its a CD case turned into a mini scrapbook or photo frame.  I popped out the insides and then just cut your dp to fit inside the little tabs.  I added some stickers and ribbon, its supposed to have a vintage feel.  Then you can either glue your pics inside or do as I did and use a clip to hold a picture so you can change it out when you want to.  That was my plan but I love this picture of my baby so much that I never did change it.  This was taken 5yrs ago when I caught him standing at our front door looking at the world outside. 
I hope you enjoyed today's post even though it wasn't a card.  These CD photo frames make great gifts for loved ones.  I've made several over the years.  Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

June K. said...

Great idea, Carrie. Love that photo of your son - you captured a once in a lifetime moment. I don't blame you for not changing it.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea! What a great inexpensive gift for anyone. Love the pic, he looks so tiny. :-)Great job Carrie.

Sarah K

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always admire CD cases, but have never tried this. Your college is awesome and the picture of your little one is precious!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful project! Very creative!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

What a fantastic idea! I can see why you never changed out that precious picture. Beautifully done!

I am your newest fan & follower :)

Renee said...

Wow Carrie this is gorgeous ! I lovemthe idea!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is amazing! Love the design and what a cute photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails