Sunday, September 18, 2011

3 Cards for the Price of One

How about 3 cards for today.  Instead of spreading this out over 2 or 3 weeks I thought I'd show all the cards I made with one set (Sewing by TPC Studio bought at Joanns).  I'm trying something a little different.  It won't be like this all the time but I would hate for my readers to get bored with the same type of posts week in and week out, since I'm only posting once a week now.  By the way is everyone liking the 1 per week or does it matter?  Well let's get to the card making.

A Rainbow of Color ... The layout for this card was a sketch on SCS.  I can never get those done on time anymore so I just add them to my sketch book and refer to as needed.  I think the spool of thread in this set is cute and decided to add one on each of the panels.  I colored them with SU markers crushed curry, pacific point, melon mambo and the green is colored with Bic mark its.  I tried to layer each panel with the same color but its hard to see.  The pin cushion was colored with tombow markers.  Border is done with SU scallop trim border punch.


1 card 2 versions ... The next set of cards are identical except for the paper and color scheme.  The first is more elegant or fancy using the same spool of thread stamp.  I cut the card as if I was making a card with the fold at the top, then I cut an inch and a half off the bottom top layer and turned the card on its side.


The black layer is embossed with Tim Holtz folder and the pattern paper is from the DCWV All Dressed Up Stack.  I grabbed scraps for the border in the center which is baja breeze. The same color I used to color the thread.  The little white buttons were cut from the SU embosslit Sweet Buttons.  Inside is stamped the same sentiment from the other card ... Friendships are sewn one stitch at a time. 


This version is a little more fun with the diamonds embossing on the mambo layer and the orange DP from the Summer DCWV stack.   The color inspiration came from the small strip that is on the side of the card with the pink, orange and white flowers, also DCWV paper.  I added the same buttons from the SU embosslit.

So which one is your favorite?  Thanks for dropping by.  Hope to see you again next week.

11 comments:

June Houck said...

Holy moly, I like them all! I should say they are all "sew lovely" :)

Karli said...

I almost bought this set but ended up getting the art one instead. Ok, will add it to my cart next trip :) They're all great cards Carrie - love the dressed up stack- it's a goodie :) big hugs~

Mary G. said...

Carrie, these are fabulous! Beautifully done, but I think my favorite is the first one...great job!

jimlynn said...

ALL are wonderful Carrie! Love that first one with all the different colored spools of thread!
Lynn

Renee said...

All three of these are super cute! It's fun to sit with one set and see what you can make. I love how all of yours are so different :)

rosiebudstamp said...

These are all terrific!

Glad your finding time to keep those fingers inky!


hugs

Carolyn/MamaC said...

These cards are wonderful! All the color and detail are amazing! Great project!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

These are all so cute! I LOVE that first one!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Busy girl! They are all so cute, but my favorite is the rainbow one! It is just so striking! Love it Carrie!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am a sewer, so *Like* all three...and love the layout and all on the first one! You have a great eye for color. I have not seen this sewing set from Joann's...

Carmen O. said...

What fabulous creations! I especially love the multi colored thread card. Fantastic work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails