Sunday, September 25, 2011

Squares Galore ... You're on my Mind

Do you have a lot of dp scraps laying around?  Well today's card is the perfect way to use them up.  It's all about the squares ...


I punched the squares out at 1 1/2 in.  You need about 3 of each of 4 patterns, at least that's what I found was a good amount for an even design.  When I started to lay them out I found I had to overlap some of the squares but by placing the large image in the center its not noticable.  All the dp is from All Dressed Up DCWV stack.  I've used that paper quite a bit recently, hence the pile of scraps.  The center image is SU Upsy Daisy which I stamped in Baja Breeze ink.  Layering the image with black and baja and repeating the same for the sentiment.

I hope you liked today's card.  Are you ready for Halloween?  Have you started on your cards?  Ahh my favorite time of year ... watch out for some bewitching cards next month.  See you then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to get rid of scraps. Great idea. Love the colors & the dp is gorgeous!

Sarah K.

June K. said...

Carrie, I love this card. You chose just the right combos of the patterned paper and used my favorite colors. Very pretty card.

June Houck said...

I'm all about using up the coordinating scraps…I also usually go for squares…usually 1 1/4" :)

I was thinking of doing this later today, in fact…great minds think alike ;)

jimlynn said...

Love all the squares on this wonderful card Carrie. So pretty.
Lynn

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is so pretty! I'm loving those colors and that DSP! Nicely done!

I just became a follower. I can't believe after all this time I wasn't! I sure thought I had joined.

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I love the combination of the colors you put together- I have to say IMHO you have quite an eye for color!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails