Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunshine ... Inside and Out

August was quite the month for us.  It seemed like when one issue was done being dealt with something else happened.  The sentiment on today's card couldn't be more fitting for what we went through.... Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own SUNSHINE.  This sentiment is from Verve Blue Skies set and my goal was to showcase it on a card. 


Here's how it was made. The base was covered with some Kraft paper from Joann's.  I had the yellow plaid from a very old DCWV mat stack.  The scalloped edge is from SU scallop trim border punch.  The blue panel is embossed with the cuttlebug and I forget the name of the folder. The sunshine and clouds are from the cricut lite cart Celebrate with Flourish.  Did you know Walmart had those on sale for $20.  Well a girl can't pass up a sale. The sun and clouds were cut out at 3 1/2 inches.  The ribbon, oh how I'm trying to use up some of my ribbon.  Anyone who visits frequently will know my love hate relationship with bows.  So I made a faux bow today.  I took the brad wrapped the prongs around the ribbon and Voila...a bow.  The mushroom is from SU's Unfrogettable set and was a last minute add on for a pop of color ... is it too much?  Maybe.   Oh and I actually did the inside of the card too.  Nothing really fancy but that is my new goal, not to leave the insides blank.  I mean why else am I saving all these scraps. I might as well use them.

 
The little bird is a Verve stamp from Wordy Birds set.  Thanks for stopping today.  Don't forget to check out the winner's post to see if you won last week's blog candy.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so super cute! So bright & cheery. just what I needed this morning. Great job Carrie!

Sarah K.

Micki Switzer said...

Carrie, I haven't commented on your cards lately, I've been so busy opening my store but this one is so very cute I had to say something. I wish you were closer so you could make samples for my store. You are an awesome card maker.waszqG

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is so cute! Love all the elements of it....clouds/sun/bow...everything.
I've also tried to get better on doing more on the inside of my cards. Usually I'm so thankful to get the outside done, I don't even want to think of the inside! LOL!
Great card - inside and out!
Lynn

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is amazing! Love the sun, mushroom, everything!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the sentiment! I love the pop of the mushroom- the color is wonderful! I also have a love/hate relationship with ribbon!

Jingle said...

This is such a cute card!

The Mama Monkey said...

I think this is so cute! I especially LOVE the colors you chose!

Renee said...

Carrie this is a wonderful, cute card! I love everything about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails