Sunday, October 23, 2011

And Boo to You Too

When I made today's card the first thing I thought of was It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown when you see the back of Snoopy rising out of the pumpkin patch and Linus passes out.  A classic.  Again I used the Halloween stamp set from Recollections.  Its become my new favorite set and I paired it with the pumpkins from Verve's set Bountiful Harvest.


The papers are DCWV Ghosts and Goblins mat stack.  I love the pumpkin, gray and cream combo.  I stamped the ghost cut him out and did the same with the pumpkins after I colored them with SU markers.  I added a little bling to the pumpkins with some lime and yellow stickles. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card and before I go I wanted to share with you a Halloween card my little budding artist made for Daddy.  The only thing I did was cut the paper and fold it and help him punch the circle.  Everything else he did on his own.

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Carrie, you always make the BEST Halloween cards! This one is just great. Love that DP you used too. Like how the ghost is topping off the pumpkins!
Ah.......you son did a FABULOUS job!! Give him an extra special hug for being so very creative! Like how he added those little stars to the sky too.
Lynn

Karli said...

I'm with you Carrie, that is a fab color combo. And look at your little card maker! He already knows about the design rule of threes! Great job to both of you :) hugs~

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card and have fond memories of the entire family having 'Movie nights' in our TV room. we Had 7 kids plus Mom and Dad- so it was always a race to get a good seat....LOL What fun! Looks like your little has a bit of your talent blossoming- great card!!!

Karen Howard said...

Your card is fabulous as is your son's! I think he gets his creativity from MOM! Hugs, Karen

Renee said...

Great cards! You son is talented like his mama!

The Mama Monkey said...

ROTFL! We just watched that movie a few nights ago! I love watching it with my kids...they always laugh at Charlie Brown getting a bag full of rocks! This is a great card, Carrie!

Kathy said...

That's one of my fave Halloween movies! Adorable card, love how the ghost is rising above the pumpkins. Way to go to your little guy too, that'a a great card he made for dad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails