Sunday, October 16, 2011

We're Off to Find the Witch's House

Who's house? The witch's house.  We're off to find the witch's house, but we're not afraid.  No we're not afraid.  This is one of my son's favorite books and has us read it often, even if its not Halloween.  So how about a Witch card for today. 


This is another image from the Halloween Recollection set from Michaels.  I colored her with the new SU marker Wisteria Wonder.  I didn't think I was going to like this color but I do.  The SU book really doesn't do it justice and I think pairing it with gray and yellow is a pretty good color combo.  I embossed the wisteria layer with Tim Holtz Damask folder.  The yellow glitzy paper is from DCWV and on top of that I threw in a little cricut with the scary tree from Celebrate with Flourish cut at 4in. I chalked the edges of the moon to give it a little more color.  The purple strip was some left over dp that I thought matched well and added the scallop border punch to it.  I'll also share the inside of today's card with you. 

I decorated the inside with some dp scraps and stamped the little skull in the corner, also from the same Recollection set.
 ... We're knocking on the witch's door.  Who's door? The witch's door .... There she is- she's standing there! She's standing where? She's standing there! There she is - she's standing there! and we all scream TRICK OR TREAT!

Well I'm off to find the witch's house so you have a great day.

7 comments:

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is fabulous!! Great image (beautifully colored, by the way!) and that spooky tree in the background is perfect!! GREAT job!!!

Karli said...

ooh that spooky tree caught my eye right away! I was looking for one like this on my gypsy for a card I was working on. This one would have been perfect. Cute, cute, cuuuute card ,Carrie. Hugs~

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is so cute! Really like the cute image but the way you did the tree in the background is just wonderful! Great Halloween card.
Lynn

The Mama Monkey said...

SUPER duper cute...I mean scary! ;) Love that candy corn too...it is my nemesis, actually! Sooo good!

Shelly Schmidt said...

She is so nicely done- love your layout with the tree in the BG- love the colors and the sprinkle of Candy Corn.....yum!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is gorgeous! I love the tree, moon and the little girl is darling! Hugs, Karen

Kathy said...

Great witchy card. The tree is just perfect behind her, such a great scene.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails