Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumn is the Second Spring

I love this sentiment especially since Fall is my favorite time of year, so that's why I used it as the main focal point on this card.


The stamp is from The Paper Company set Autumn Harvest along with the image.  I couldn't wait to put these colors together. I love the way SU's new Pool Party looks with the yellow mustard color.  The patterned paper is DCWV new Autumn stack Harvest Gathering.  I had originally stamped some leaves and cut them out but I thought it looked too sloppy so I decided to cut some leaves with the cricut A Child's Year cart at 1 1/4in.  To give the leaves a little bit of texture I stamped the leaves from SU's set French Foilage over top.  The pool party panel is embossed with a Sizzix folder and edged with SU's scallop trim border punch.  I think this one is my favorite of the fall cards I've done this year. I hope you liked it too.  See you next week.

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful fall card Carrie. Really like the color combo and design too.
Very pretty.
Lynn

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love how you stamped over the leaves. Fall is my fav for cards, love the color combos.

Sarah

The Mama Monkey said...

This is STUNNING, Carrie! Love those colors and how you stamped the sentiment!

Kathy said...

I love this Carrie. You are right the color combo is fabulous (need to remember it). The stamping on the leaves makes them look so dimensional, and I love the small branch behind the sentiment, looks so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails