Sunday, December 11, 2011

Faux Pocket Card

I had set out to make this into an actual pocket card but the more I thought about it the more I thought my family wouldn't pull the insert out they would probably try to open it like a regular card tearing it all apart so that's when I decided to do all the cuts like a pocket card but leave the bottom flap so it can be opened like a regular card.
Wow did that make sense?  I folded the card base like I would any other time.  Opened it back up and the cut 1 1/2 inches down the fold.  I then folded the front edge down and used my round corner punch on the edges.  I covered the front with DCWV Christmas DP and cut a poinsettia from Joys of the Season cart at 2 1/2 inches, added a brad and spritzed it with some shimmer spray.
I then cut my white panel small enough to look like an insert and matted it with SU always artichoke.  I made sure to stamp the bird at the top so it would stick out over the faux pocket along with the first sentiment.  The inside sentiment was stamped lower hidden behind the flap.  The image and sentiments are SU Beautiful Season set.  This card means a lot to me because it brings back memories of my Grandmother, who I've mentioned before on this blog loved birds.   One memory I have is how she always had bird ornaments hanging on her Christmas tree and so I've added a cardinal ornament to mine in memory of her.  I miss you Grandma... this cards for you.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like today's post. 

8 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Wow, really pretty! I love the fun fold and what a grogeous image! Hugs, Karen

jimlynn said...

This is so very pretty Carrie! Like how you changed it from the pocket card to a semi regular card. (My family would have torn it to pieces too trying to open it! LOL) It's just beautiful with that pretty DP and the poinsettia - and of course the image.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous. Having seen it in person, the pictures do not do it justice at all. So stunning! I also love the concept. We must be related because my family would do the same thing. LOL

Sarah K

Mary G. said...

Ooh, I LOVE this!!! I think I'm going to have to CASE it!! SO pretty!!!

June K. said...

Lovely card, Carrie. I like your "fake" pocket card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just gorgeous! This is such a great idea- looks just like a pocket card too. It looked good on FB- looks even better 'close up' on your blog!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful card!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL Great idea! You crack me up! And it is really pretty too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails