Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gifts of Joy to You

Every year I make my mom some sort of gift card holder or money holder she can use for the family gifts.  Well this year I asked her if it was OK if I just made a standard card but gift themed.  I can't take credit for the layout because I got it from the SU Holiday mini. 

The stamp is Bella and the sentiment is SU's set Gifts of Joy that I punched out with the designer label punch.  I colored the Bella with markers and the papers are DCWV and the Paper Company.  Like I mentioned last week I have some covered comp books to share with you.

The first comp book I covered seemed to take me forever but as I got the hang of it it went much faster.  On the bottom... I covered that one with old DCWV papers getting the color scheme from the stickers used.  The stickers are Studio G stickers from Walmart for $.97.  I also made a post it holder to match using the same stickers and papers.
Top left ... I found the wooden Friends sentiment at Michael's in the dollar bin so I grabbed 3 of them not sure what I was going to do with it.  It fit perfectly up the side of the notebook.  The coffee pot and cup are cut From My Kitchen cart and the little sentiment is from Verve Delightful and Delicious set, also used with the post it holder to match this book.
Top right ... What's cookin'  All the cuts are made From My Kitchen cart except the sentiment which I used A Child's Year for the letters. I picked up some recipe cards at Michael's in the dollar bin and that's where I got the idea for this book using one of the cards on the front.  The post it note holder uses the sentiment and image from SU's Voila set.

I hope you enjoyed these, it was something different for me.  Next week a Faux pocket card.

6 comments:

Mary G. said...

Adorable card!!! Those comp books are fabulous! I've covered one in my life and it took me forever! These are gorgeous!!! Makes me want to do another one!! I was thinking to cover myself one and make my own "Smash" Book. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me!

jimlynn said...

Carrie, the gift card holder card is so cute. Love that perfect image for this too.
Adore your comp books! I've only made one and it was just so much trouble for me. Maybe like you said though, if you keep making them, they get easier! Yours are great.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I bet your mom will love it. The comp books & post it holders are amazing! What great gifts they would make.

Sarah K

Lisa said...

Hi, Carrie!
While I always enjoy all of your cards, those notebooks really, really got a big "wow!" They are SO cute..esp. w/ the matching post it holders! You rocked that project :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card with the Bella stamp- bet your Mom will love it. What cool journals- I love all of the embellishments you added- love the friends panel/

The Mama Monkey said...

Yay, Bella is SO darn cute! Love that CASE. Your comp books are also great! Love it all, Carrie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails