Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

I had the idea for this card using the trees from the cricut cart Winter Frolic but executing it was a different story.  I went through several different layouts before figuring out what I really wanted and the missing piece was the doily. 

I bought a pack of those paper doilies you find in the baking section because I thought it would add some nice texture to a card.  The trees were cut at 3 1/2 inches and the little star I punched with my EK Success punch.  The hill the trees are on I hand cut. Then hand cut the white shadow to mimic snow.  Since the trees are bent I wanted something to simulate wind so I added the Flourish from Home Decor cart cut at 1 1/4.  The paper is from Cloud 9 stack and the dry embossing is a cuttlebug folder.  Only   days till Christmas.  Are you ready?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the texture & the doily was a perfect addition. Yes, i am ready for Christmas. Bring it on! LOL

Sarah K.

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is gorgeous!!! I love all the texture you've used and that doily is perfect!! Great job!! Merry Christmas!

June K said...

Cute card, Carrie. I like the print on the Christmas trees.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your great card- esp the flourish and the star- and love the doily. I lke the top too with the punched edge peeking out......Ready for Christmas......NOT! The older kids just want $$$ and I got a list from my youngest on Friday...... Are you ready?

jimlynn said...

Very pretty Carrie! Like how you used the doily too.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Lynn

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!! :-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just dropping in to wish you a Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails