Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thanks a Latte

A quick and simple thank you card to end this month.  I like to keep a stash of thank yous on hand, now if I could get in the habit of doing that with birthday cards too I'd be good to go.


Stamps are by Verve from the better with you set and the library card is from PTI.  The paper is DCWV Rustic stack. I love this color combo.  Craft or crumb cake is one of my new favorite colors and I seem to want to use it a lot lately.  I started out by stamping the coffee rings on the crumb in espresso ink SU.  The DP matched SU's razzelberry color perfectly and used it for the mat and to cut the little button from SU's embosslit folder.  The cup was colored with SU markers and popped up with a dimensional.  Now somebody please tell me the secret to keeping ribbon on your cards.  I have this one on with glue dots and tape and it still seems to pop off after sitting a couple days.  What's your trick?????

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is so cute! Love the coffee rings! Maybe you could use brad in center of ribbon and attach thru the top layer. My "make your own" glue dots have worked for me so far (knock on wood). Great job with this card! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is super cute! Love how you used the library card! I usually just use glue dots for my ribbon. Haven't had a problem yet.

Sarah K

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful colors- I love the stamps and the coffee ring is a great accent! Hmm I use sticky dots to attach ribbons like this and have not had a problem- my problem is they stick to everything....!

Anna K said...

This card is so pretty! I really like it and makes such a nice thank you to send to someone - can't ever have enough on hand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails