Sunday, February 19, 2012

U Rock My World

This is one of my favorite cards.  I have a hard time making masculine style cards so when this one came together I was so pleased.  No frills here but just enough added detail that I didn't find it boring.


I tried to keep the layout simple.  The base is embossed with Tim Holtz brick embossing folder.  The DP is a scrap from DCWV glitter stack I believe.  The U and heart are both from Verve.  The U is from the I heart U die set and the heart is the jotted heart die which I also used the Love Notes stamp set from Verve before cutting the heart out.  The little swirl along the red panel is from the Fiskars set Girl's Night.  Oh but we're not done, take a look at the inside


The sentiment is also by Verve called uplifting phrases.  The guitar is an Inkadinkado stamp Rock Star.  The little hearts come from the Verve Love Notes set.  Please excuse the little smear across the hearts, my son decided to pick it up with his sticky fingers to say "this is cool Mommy"  That's OK when my husband gets it he will know Jr. had a hand in the making too.

I hope you like this card as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping by and see you next week

3 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is fabulous... you really rocked it, LOL!!!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic masculine card! Love the way you embossed the "U" on here and the inside just rocks!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome masculine card! Sometimes they are so hard to do but as the others have said "you rocked it!" :-)

Sarah K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails