Sunday, April 1, 2012

Let's Smash It!

OK I have officially jumped on the Smash bandwagon.  The thing is before all these cool things were brought on the market by K&Co to make Smash books I was doing it in my 20's not calling it by the fancy name. LOL  If I only knew then it would be such a hot thing to do 20 some years later.  Well anyway on to my book.  I bought the pink Girly book from K&Co and decided to make it all about ME.  So here's a few pages.

These are the wonderful men I get to hang out with daily.  My husband and son.  I bought a cheap deck of cards and used them on here.  I also used one of the smash book mini book pages you fill in and tear out.  The rest are stickers from my stash
Ah JJ Abrams.  I was so lucky last year to get to see JJ Abrams and his crew in our little town filming the movie Super 8.  I went to the set several days especially the few days they shot a block from my house and snapped some pictures.  The one close up of JJ was when I actually got to meet him.  I cut myself out of that pic because I looked terrible.  I was not prepared to meet a famous celebrity that day.  The far away shot of Kyle Chandler was as close as I could get to him.  I used some stickers and cut out from the local paper to embellish this page.
This page is all about my love of paper crafts.  I cut out pics from the Paper Crafts magazine.  Took a pic of some of the mags I've been published in and took a pic of my paper stash and stamps.  I used a snippet of string, paper and ribbon to also embellish my page.  I'm having a lot of fun making this book and preserving these memories.  Right now I'm still collecting for my other pages but as I get them finish I'll share more.  Hope you enjoyed this post and if you haven't started Smashing yet go ahead and give it a try.  You'll be addicted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Carrie! I bet it's a lot of fun too.

Sarah K

Mary G. said...

Carrie, welcome to the world of SMASH!!! I LOVE your pages so far!! Great job!! I need to get to work on mine. I haven't done anything since my first 2 pages from the Copics class!! Looking forward to seeing more of yours!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails