Sunday, April 29, 2012

Relax and Enjoy the Little Things

2 masculine cards for you today.  One a CAS style which if you're a frequent visitor you know I struggle with these and the other uses the window die from Poppy Stamps.

I really wanted something quick and easy to give all the men for either their birthday or Father's day because I've watched them open their cards and most just skim the sentiment and that's the end.  Well at least the ones I know do.  If you have a man that admires your creations and oohs and aahs over them wow count yourself one of the lucky ones.  So for this CAS card I used SU indigo blue cardstock and ink.  I used the Verve set Relax for the rest of the card and colored with SU markers
This one is my favorite and it was so easy to do.  Die cut the window of course and then I stamped the light house on a piece of white and just kept cutting it down till it fit behind the window die perfectly.  I colored it with SU markers.  To do the sky I used SU chalks on a q tip.  The blue paper was embossed with Tim Holtz's woodgrain embossing folder.  The sentiment is verve and the blue birds are from an Inkadinkado set called Coastal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh Carrie, love these! I knew you would do fabulous things with that window die! Perfect

Sarah K.

June K said...

Love your window card, Carrie. Such a nice view out the window. Maybe I should get my chalks out soon.

KER said...

love them both...i really like the cut out coconut leaves...adds dimension to this really great CAS card...and now i must get this window die...i can see myself using it a lot..thanks for enabling...i mean sharing..

Karen Howard said...

Love this scene and the embossed background is perfect! Hugs, Karen

Renee said...

These are so cute! I love the scene behind the window!

Renee said...

These are so cute! I love the scene behind the window!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails