Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Not Forgotten

I know its been a month already and I thought I'd post to let you know I haven't forgotten about this blog.  I have no new cards to post.  I really need to get back into the swing of card making it just seems so many other things have been taking up my time.  A lot has happened since I last posted.  My Grandfather died and what a loss for our family.  I can feel my mother's pain as she has now lost both of her parents so I have been trying to help her in the cleaning up of my grandfather's house.  Its quite overwhelming to go through years and years of things collected.  It makes me think of my own life and mortality and not wanting to leave such a burden for our son to take care of when we're gone. 

Aside from that we had a little bit of construction done to our home.  I mentioned in a previous post about our bathroom woes and how the pipe broke and water poured through our kitchen ceiling.  Here's a pic of the before...


Well we finally got that taken care of and I now have a beautiful new ceiling.  Going from those awful fluorescent lights to recessed lighting has made such a world of difference in our kitchen.  You know in those design shows where they talk about how important lighting is to a room, well I believe them because I have gone from loathing the way my kitchen looked to loving it.  Here's the after pic


My kitchen seems much warmer now and inviting.  On top of all this my baby has finished school and now moved on to second grade .... I can't believe it.  He went from talking about Backyardigans and Sesame street to when am I going to be allowed to drive and when can I get a phone.  Why do you  need a phone I asked him.  Well just in case I need to get ahold of you to tell you where I am.  OK well excuse me but you're still only 7 so I will know where you are at every minute of the day so you don't need to worry about having a phone.  geez. lol 

So I will close this post as I started letting you know I have not forgotten about those that stop by but I will be gone for just a bit longer.  Hope you are having a wonderful summer. 

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Carrie, sometimes life changes your gears and you go with it. So sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your kitchen is GORGEOUS! I long for that lighting all over my 100+ year old house. Thanks for the update. My oldest grandson starts college this Fall. They are grown at the blink of an eye! Have a great summer! Blessings to you!

KER said...

sorry to hear you lost your grandfather...thank goodness you have your son to brighten your days...they are sometimes so funny without meaning to be..and so wise too...love the kitchen lighting...congrats!...too bad i don't have a bath above my kitchen..i would "fix" it so i got new lighting...lol

Jennipher said...

Oh my dear Carrie, I can so understand your lack of mojo and desire to take a break. My deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your grandfather. You take all the time you need to heal and grieve. There will always be time for blogging and creating and your faithful followers will be here when you come back. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are missed my dear- I hope you are enjoying each and every day with your son, your new kitchen and spending time with your Mom. So sorry to hear about your Grandfather- I hope your good memories of him will fill the space of the grief you feel now. {HUGS}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails