Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Month

Wow I can't believe another month has passed and yet I haven't posted a card ... *sigh*.  I will say I have been doing a lot of surfing on the web for card inspiration.  I seem to have lost my mojo just a bit since being away from my blog but I have been filling my days with reading.  Anyone read 50 Shades of Grey trilogy?  Can I just say WOW!  I don't think I have ever read 3 books as fast as that in my life but certain things did become really redundant, for those of you that read it I'm sure you'll know what I mean ... my inner goddess did a backflip and he gazed at me through hooded eyes and my breath hitched, just to name a few.  I think if I would have had to read much more of that I would have screamed LOL.  Though I did really like the underlying storyline.  The other book I read recommended to me by a friend is On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves.  I loved this book.  I read it in a day and a half.  I just couldn't put it down.  I highly recommend this book for a great summer read.

So we, I think, have finally finished with home improvement projects for this year.  I spent hours taking down border in our bedroom...ugh...so we could paint in there.  Its been 11 years since its been painted and was desperately in need of updating.  New bedding and blinds and it looks like a whole new room. 

I've decided to challenge myself the month of July and try to do a card every other day.  I hope I can stick with it and have tons of projects to showcase for you on here so wish me luck.  I picked up a couple new stamps at Joann's the other day and really can't wait to ink them up though I will admit I still have some SU product from last year that hasn't seen ink... what is wrong with me?  I'm not usually like this I try to ink all new products that come into my home.  Is it stamping burn out?  I hope not considering all the money I have invested in this hobby.  I actually had to buy Father's Day cards this year.  Excuse me while I hang my head in shame lol.  I haven't really bought cards in so long I couldn't believe how expensive they've become.  While persuing the card isle at the local WalMart I about fell over when I picked up a pretty plain card that had a small 2 inch square image on the front a little scallop down the edge and some gold foil lettering and it was almost 6 bucks.  That's when I was thankful I made my own cards. Now I will in no way tally up the money I have spent on making cards so it probably averages out that each card I make would have to be sold at $10 to compensate for the overhead LOL but we'll just keep that to ourselves. 

Well I've rambled on enough for today.  Thank you to those that our still with me.  See you soon.

4 comments:

June K said...

It's our secret as to how much our cards really cost to make. No need for the DHs to know. :)

jimlynn said...

I know exactly what you mean about the stamping burnout! And, like you, just can't seem to quit since I have so much invested in it!
Glad you're back Carrie and look forward to your cards in July.
I'll have to check out those books as I love to read.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Happy July Carried- will look forward to you getting creative! I always love your cards. I am not much of a reader- other than Stampin magazines and blogs.....LOL Fun to hear about all of the house fix-it-up projects you completed recently- Wow!

Lisa said...

Really looking forward to your mojo returning full force, Carrie! Good thing about stamps..they don't go bad during a dry spell! Happy July! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails