Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Casing We Will Go

So I told you how my mojo was lacking so I thought the best way jump start it was by casing come cards from a couple of my favorite blogs.  The first is from Susie Stamp Alot blog I bought the pennant punch from SU and haven't used it much so I was thrilled when I saw this card.  Here's my version.


The cloud image and bee are from Fiskars playful day set.  The paper for the grass is from Basic Grey shine on stack and I used the Fiskars grass punch with it.  The flowers are an ek success punch.

My next case is Julee's from Verve. A link to her blog can be found in my side bar Poetic Artistry.  Well if you read last weeks post you saw where I had to buy Father's Day cards so obviously I need to update my masculine stash and I loved her Surfer Dad card.    Here's my version...



The papers I used are all We R Memory Sunsplashed paper pack. The sets are from verve Relax and Happy Days.  I stamped the swirl with SU Pool Party ink.  Tied a little floss around the top and cut out the surf boards.  I think I'm going to make another version of this and tweek the design just a bit. 

Before I close anyone else using blogger having trouble with the spellcheck?  It doesn't seem to work at all for me so what's the trick?



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Like! Like! Like! Great cards, Carrie! CASE'ing is the way to go to get the creative juices flowing! I love your surfboards....good to see you posting again! I didn't even know blogger had spell check...no help there. :)

Marilyn said...

Great cards Carrie and it seems like your mojo was not gone... it was being stored so you could pop out two great cards at the same time! Both are fabulous - I like those pennants and how you put the flower in them but my fave is the surfer card. It feels so summery and cheery... those are great papers.

Anna K said...

Cute card - Casing cards is a great way to pick up that mojo or at least it helps me get started again!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How I wish I could pick up and go and make 22 cards like these! Love the pendants- I have been holding off buying this,....darling card! Love that pretty Verve CASE - wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails