Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vintage Corset

I decided to do a little shopping at Joann's a few weeks ago and I just couldn't resist this corset stamp.  I had no idea what kind of card I would make with it I just loved it.  Now I'm a terrible judge of how big something is, so when looking at the stamp in the store I thought oh I can do this and that to the card and still have room.  HA  Until I stamped it and then tried to figure out what to do with it I had no idea it would take up that much room.  I don't know if I was partially blind the day I picked it up or what. LOL  Well anyway I have 2 cards for you today.


First sorry for the crooked photo.  For both cards I used Colorbok's Victorian Parlor paper.  The flourishes have a velvet texture and are a sticker I found at Joann's also by Colorbok.  I colored the image with some SU markers.  I forgot to mention the stamp is by Stampendous.


Card 2 uses the same flourishes and paper except I also used the tulip embossing folder from SU to frame the card and added the prima flower I had from my stash.  Which one is your favorite?  Also what sentiment would you put with this kind of image?  I asked all my stamping friends even posted it on Splitcoast. I got "Thanks for your support" "of corset's your birthday".  Can you think of any others? 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi, Carrie! These are great cards...no sentiment needed! You tied the colors, paper, stamp and embellishments together perfectly! I think we've all had those "what was I thinking?" moments regarding stamps/supplies! LOL! Like an out of body experience. Well, you did good! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails